Friday, October 24, 2008

Teaching Fun




I can't begin to tell you the fun I have sometimes when I try to teach Max. Today we are missing school because Em is sick. So lunch is over and Max wants "cookies?" specifically "two cookies." So I try to hand him two chocolate chip cookies. He takes the first chocolate chip cookie but when I try to hand him the second cookie, Nope. He wants "black cookie".
Me: "Oh, you want an Oreo cookie too"
Me: "Oreo"
Max: "No, black"
Me: "yes, it's black but it's an Oreo cookie"
Max: "No, black cookie"
Me: "yes, but it's called an Oreo"
Max: (Holds up chocolate chip cookie) "What's that?"
Me: "Chocolate chip cookie"
Max: "No, brown"
Me: "It's a chocolate chip cookie that is brown yes"
Max (Holds up Oreo) "What's that?"
Me: "Oreo"
Max: "No, black"
Max: (Holding up cookies) "Black cookie.....brown cookie".

At this point he jumps/turns/runs away a la Spiderman.

Does this explain why I tend to ramble? Can you HEAR me?

1 comment:

Sally Inman said...

Kim,
Max is progressing so fast. How exciting for you!! He is so smart. Max blessed with a loving Mom.
I loved the"Cookie Exchange"conversation.
Your friend,
Sally Inman