Thursday, November 13, 2008

Do YOU Hear That?




There's no tapping going on here. Instead I'm SCREAMING, THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got our insurance approval yesterday for Max's 2nd implant so the surgery set for December 2nd is ON!!!!!!!! I am extremely excited and relieved and soon to be nervous (this is a huge rollercoaster of emotions) but this is such a huge, huge blessing. I cannot wait for Max to hear with two ears, not just one, but two like everyone else. It's something that a lot of hearing people take for granted (not me anymore though). Now the only thing to do is choose the color. Last time we didn't choose, because I was so frazzled with his surgery and my daughter's seizures (and EEG's and MRI's and waiting for her diagnosis) that I didn't give any thought to the color of the processor and such. Bummer for us cause I would have like to have gone with a different color than beige. However, this time around I am on top of this and I'm choosing a different color, maybe black, gray, or blue. Does anyone wanna chime in on color selection? Gosh, I'm so excited. You can all expect a post (or three or four) as it gets closer on nervousness but I'M STILL FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! Can you HEAR me?

2 comments:

The Brights said...

Congratulations on the insurance approval! What a great gift for Christmas!! I hope the days fly by, so you don't have to spend too much time being nervous!

My little man has blue ears. He seems to love them. I wish we would have gotten the backups in a different color...oh well!

We'll keep you and Max in our thoughts as his second surgery day approaches.

Tiffany

lbre969903 said...

YIPEEEEEE!!! I am so excited for you guys. When we chose Evan's new hearing aids we went with a color that matched his hair and they are way cool, now he still does his molds up in crazy colors, we are currently with green and red swirls.. I say you let him pick but I love seeing the colors. You guys are in our thoughts and prayer!