Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I'm MAD at you!!!



I really didn't think this was going to happen but it has. I don't know why I didn't think it would happen with Max, maybe because he was a boy, maybe because he is the baby or maybe because he would feel so indebted to me for giving him life. But he did.

We took Emily to school for her first day yesterday. We (Max and I) then traveled to Wal-Mart to get in some desperately needed grocery shopping since I went to a conference over the weekend. Like everyone else, I don't like taking my kids to the store. They whine and complain and about going, then ask for everything from clothes, to toys, to cereal I would never buy, to candy as the last final hurrah at the checkout. I am more inclined to buy them something when they are not with me as I feel guilty for going without them!!!! Anyway, I only had Max and we went straight to the food section and there it begins. He wants yogurt. O.k. and I pick up the big container of Wally world brand yogurt but no, he doesn't want that yogurt, he wants the little yogurts. Ummmm, no, this yogurt is cheaper and there's a lot more. We get this yogurt or none at all. He then wants string cheese. O.k. string cheese has good nutritional value. He wants Sponge Bob, again no, we will get Cheese Head, more and cheaper. Moving on.........we get to Yogurt Bites. Yogurt bites are bits of yogurt in a crunchy sort of shell like thing. Tastes and reminds me of candy. Max wants yogurt bites. No. I am not buying yogurt bites, we have yogurt. He keeps asking. I keep denying. At this point he hollers, "I AM MAD AT YOU!!!" and storms off. Not too far, just about a 10 foot difference between us.

This shocks me even though I'm thrilled that he is able to tell me specifically what type of emotion he is feeling. So, I tell him, join the club buddy. Your sister's been getting mad at me for awhile too. Can you hear me?

2 comments:

The Brights said...

Can I laugh?

When I do someting that Tayten doesn't like, he says, "My daddy be mad at you!" or he just signs "mad" with much expression.

Soon enough that phrase will come from his mouth!!

Many won't understand, but these milestones are awesome!

lbre969903 said...

I love the part where you think he might be grateful for you giving him life.. Not sure if that ever comes while they children and I know it took me until I was around 25 to figure out my mom wasn't as dumb as I thought she was!! :)